With the Summer holidays fast approaching, here’s an easy recipe the whole family can get involved in – providing sustenance as well as a chocolatey treat that’s impossible not to love. Our Divine Dark Chocolate Granola features in these delish mini cakes, providing energy to keep you full for longer if you’re planning to enjoy the great outdoors during these longer sunny days. Spelt or buckwheat flour provide a healthier alternative to balance out the addition of cheeky chocolate – a better-for-you sweet treat you don’t have to feel too guilty about!
Divine Dark Chocolate Granola mini cakes
1 cup of spelt or buckwheat flour
1 cup Chiltern Natural Foods Divine Dark Chocolate Granola
¼ cup cocoa powder or dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup brown sugar (or agave or maple syrup sweetener alternative)
2 tablespoons coconut or rapeseed oil
½ cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
½ cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a muffin tray
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, Divine Dark Chocolate Granola, powders and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and add the remaining wet ingredients, stirring gently to combine.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until they are just combined, then gently fold in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Evenly divide the mixture into the muffin tray until each cavity is about 80% full.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked. To test this, insert a fork or a skewer into the middle of one of the mini cakes – it should come out clean when cooked.
- Allow the mini cakes to rest in the muffin tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Updated: 5 Jul 2021 | Written by: chiltern